Search This Blog

Friday, May 31, 2013

If I were a bird.

If I were a bird, I could just fly away.
South for the winter, come back in May.
I could be a swan, maybe a blue jay.
But all I am is a human today.

If I were a bear, I would be so strong.
I would fight enemies when they were wrong.
I could sleep in so winters were not long,
But I am human; all I have is song.

If I were a mouse, nobody could see.
I would be a blur whenever I flee.
I could keep to myself and just be me
But human is really all I can be.

If I were a hog, I could eat all night,
Bathe in mud, not a problem in my sight,
I could outsmart my enemies and be bright.
But I am human, if that is all-right.

If I were the sun, I shine on the bay.
Brighten you up when the skies were so gray.
I could burn my enemies, with one ray,
But all I am is human today.

No comments:

Post a Comment