Search This Blog

Saturday, May 27, 2023

First Entry In A While

Hello everyone. It's been a while since I've had an entry on here. Gosh I'm a different person than from those early entries. Half of the links don't work but I have missed writing. Writing cleanses the mind and I really don't have a path of how this entry will go but it was time to cleanse. 

First, let's start with some not so serious stuff. 2016 me would be in complete shock at where the Bengals are right now. It's amazing how Joe Burrow changed everything about the franchise. The Super Bowl run from a couple years ago was something I will never forget. My dad and I sat through the home games together and saw the first playoff win in 30 + years and these are moments I will never forget. 



I no longer have hatred toward Rick Ross or Miranda Lambert. Many of you who know me know that I was not a fan of these two singers. I didn't like Rick Ross because he stole his name from a drug dealer with the same name. I read more into the story and now I am okay with him. I still don't love all the grunting in rap music though. Miranda, I didn't like for some beef she had with Chris Brown at an awards show and my dislike of her didn't age well. I admit. I actually like her music (and her bar in Nashville). 



Since we last talked I switched jobs. Well, still with Great American, but in a different division and it has been great for me. My friends from the old stomping grounds are still around and I am grateful for my 10 years there, but it was time to move on. Shout out to Hot Take Row (K-Bone, Pins, Hosscat, and Zachary), Chip, Big Jake, JP, Amanda, Mindy, Elaine, my dancing buddy Rick, Gina, Vernita, Joe, Greg, Brigger and so many others who made my time there so much better and I stayed as long as I did for you guys.  It was time to start a new chapter, but doesn't the saying go, "Make new friends but keep the old. One is silver, the other is gold"? 



In 2020, Covid was wild huh? I wonder what they will write about that in 100 years. The first half I just kept getting bigger and bigger, but there was nothing else to do, well except lose weight. Some of my best friends decided to do a weight loss challenge (Brad, Justin and Diesel), and I had a personal challenge. If you are a loyal reader, you know about my type 1 diabetes and let's face it, if I eat terribly, I'm not going to be around as long as I'd like. I decided to hit the pavement. No matter what, every day I made sure to get 10,000 steps. I made some diet change and lost 30 pounds. I slipped off the wagon just a bit, but I'm hoping to get back to my best form. 


There are a few changes coming to my life that I'm not ready to talk about on here but I do want to say, I have an amazing group of friends and family whom I love and I want to end this entry with some advice. There is no point in being pessimistic. You only have a certain amount of time on this planet. Don't hold grudges. Let little things go. Life is hard. It's complex and it doesn't slow down. There are no days off. Be kind. Forgive. And Love.  Life is too damn short. Find what makes you happy and do it, whether it be pickleball (an example for me [shoutout to Chris, Ray and Kim]) or sitting under a tree while there is a breeze. Whatever it is do it. Unless its fentanyl or heroin, maybe don't do that. 

Now for some awards (old school blog tradition):

Winner of the Day: Paulie Walnuts
My Dog walked his fastest mile ever today (19 min) so I'm proud of him. He's a good boy.

Loser of the Day: Kenny Pickett
Last week Ben Roethlisberger was talking smack about him, then I guess his car got stolen with his Steelers playbook in it by someone while he was doing a radio interview... my two cents (it's Bill Belichick or Ben).



Song of the Day: "It's a Great Day to Be Alive" by Travis Tritt
Why? because I'm sitting here writing this and  came on and it fit my theme of the final paragraph of my entry. 


Quote of the Day: “Find the good. It’s all around you. Find it, showcase it, and you’ll start believing it.”-Jesse Owens



No comments:

Post a Comment