Search This Blog

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Life is What you Make It

Hello everyone,

I apologize for my lack of writing these past few days.  I have been really busy at work so time did not allow me to entertain the masses.  While I was on my hiatus, I received a blog comment from an anonymous reader on a post I had about a year ago.  The blog was written about the passing of my neighbor, Ron Losey.  It can be read here, Heaven Landed a Hell of a Man Last Night.  Anyway, someone posted a comment on there, and I'm pretty sure I know who it is, but it was out of line. You can read it below.
My first reaction was to slam the person for many reasons unrelated to this blog.  The person responsible for this comment doesn't want me to write about the way they view their own family and how they have stooped so low in the past to call out multiple people in my life who have passed.  What kind of person takes a shot at the dead?  Very few, which is why I narrowed it down to this person.  I will not mention their name because I respect this person way more than they respect me.  The person isn't even worthy of writing about but I am spending time on this topic because I don't understand how someone can live a life full of hate?  Hate takes more energy than any other emotion.  If you actually spend time hating someone, you are probably giving them the attention that they want.  This person who wrote this comment has so much hate built up in them, it's oozing out more than the amount of times they overused ellipses in the comment.  You don't have to read this blog if you don't want to.  No one is making you, but you referenced 2 of my blogs in this comment so you must be enjoying yourself.  Thank you for the page views. I'm glad to be writing at a 6th grade level, because I at least know that ... is an ellipses and there is really only need for one period after each sentence, so get off your ever long period and start smiling.  Hate makes you miserable.  It doesn't do anything to you.  I have had disagreements in the past and my heart was filled with hate, but it never solved anything for either side.  I forgive a lot now.  It may take some time for certain things, but learn to shake hands.  My mom always says, "Life is what you make it," so if you want to be miserable, go and be miserable, but keep it to yourself.  Don't take it out on others just to make yourself feel better.  Before you start judging everyone else, start with yourself.  Look in the mirror. Be kind.  That is always my mother's number one rule and it is a good rule of thumb.


No comments:

Post a Comment