Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

The "Me" Culture

The American culture is going down the wrong road. Too many people in this world do not accept responsibility for their actions. If a teacher gives a child a bad grade, it's the teacher that is the issue. If an athlete doesn't start, the coach is holding a grudge. I am tired of the "me" generation. People expect to pass exams for medical school now for showing up with no effort to studying. This culture has gone crazy. You can't tell someone "no" without being sued or having someone "call your bluff." A lot of these police killings could be avoided if people just listened to the police in the first place. I struggle with people who believe the are entitled for whatever reason. We are all held to the same damn standards. When we were kids, if we got a bad grade, it was our fault. Now, blame the establishment, blame the government, blame the system. It's never the child's fault. I saw a clip of American Idol, where a girl was crying because she was one vote short. The girl ended up getting the vote. What are we teaching these people? When they cry, give in? How will anyone ever become great? How will this country have discipline? Your child isn't perfect. Don't treat them like they are. I saw a clip where a team has to leave a basketball league because they are "too good." I guess the other teams don't want to be tested. How can a team be too good? I used to be involved in sports where my team was drilled. There were lessons in that. Now it's, "You can't beat my little angel that way." I just laugh out loud at that and people wonder why our country is no longer number one. We have become a culture of babies, softies, and wimps. What would Abraham Lincoln say of this country now? Do not participate in the "me" culture. Hold yourself accountable if you do something wrong.


No comments:

Post a Comment