Search This Blog

Friday, January 20, 2017

Life Under Trump

Life, under Trump, or any president of the United States of America, for that matter, is what you make it. If you supported Clinton, Sanders, Bush, Rubio, Cruz, or anyone else, this is who is the president. This is still the land of the free. Trump does not have absolute power. Life is what you make it. If you want to make this a miserable country by rioting and stating he's not your president, that's on you. Rioting does nothing but take down businesses that worked hard to get where they are. Some of them, started from the bottom, and worked their way up to owning their own store. The "American Dream" some call it. Some are still pursuing that dream. 

The Declaration of Independence says life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Donald Trump will not stop you from pursuing that. You may have to work even harder to obtain that dream, but that's in your hands. I have not stopped pursuing my dreams even though the prices of insulin have gone up 1000 percent and I need that to live. I have gotten no help from government on this front and guess what, it's not stopping me from getting married this June and starting a new chapter. 

Donald Trump is the president now and I am not going to cry about it. I will adapt and overcome. If Donald Trump is "not (your) president" then who is?


No comments:

Post a Comment