Search This Blog

Monday, January 9, 2012

Beyonce's Blue, Tim Tebow triumphs, Barry on the Ballot, and Weeble's Wobble

Hello everyone. As my alter-ego Phathead Kingofcov would say, I'm baaaaa-aaack.  Sorry for the hiatus.  I was getting really busy at work and with it being the holidays and everything I found very little time to write.  A lot has happened since I last posted a blog.  Beyonce and Jay-Z had a child.  They named their kid, Blue Ivy.  I know what you're thinking...Blue Ivy-Z is a terrible name.  For those of you who didn't know, Jay-Z is not Mister Z's real name, nor is H.O.V.A. or Jeezy.  His real name is Sean Carter.  Now the song with Lil Wayne called "Mr. Carter" and his album entitled, "The Life and Times of S. Carter" make more sense now huh? Speaking of Jay-Z's albums, there is speculation that the couple named their child, Blue in honor of Jay-Z's Blueprint albums that made him so popular.  Here's an article about it.


Another big deal that happened was the NFL playoffs.  My Bengals lost in the first round, but making the playoffs when your best three players on offense are two rookies (Dalton and Green) and a second year guy (Gresham), I'd say making the playoffs is a big accomplishment for them.  They were predicted by most to win 0 to 4 games all year and they won 9.  I'll take that and the future only looks bright for them.  As for the big story of the playoffs, Tim Tebow, I did say that if the Broncos beat the Steelers I would be a believer in Tebow.  Somehow they did it.  Now it wasn't the same Steeler team that won three Super Bowls and made the big show last year.  It was a banged up Big Ben, and defensive players were dropping like flies.  With that being said, Tebow pulled it off.  Call it magic; call it luck; call it fate; call it whatever you want but the guy did it again.  Maybe he will be doing it for 15 more years, maybe he's a one year wonder and nothing like this will ever happen again, but I must say it is amazing to watch.  I still believe there is not way he will beat the mighty Patriots in Foxborough.  I think the game may be the same as what happened when the two teams clashed earlier in the season.  Denver will come out with Tebow magic early and the Pats will be like no biggie and clobber them like squashing an annoying bug.  They were down big in their last two games and destroyed both teams.  They have too much fire power for the Denver Tebows.


Another big sports story is will Barry Larkin get into the Hall of Fame this year?  I say if he doesn't, then there's no point in having one.  I already don't get why they don't let Pete Rose in.  It's supposed to house the greatest of all time.  Pete Rose isn't in.  And he has more hits than anyone in the history of the game.  Now here's why Barry should get in.  He was a 30 homerun, 30 steals guy before shortstops did that.  He was a better hitter than Ozzie Smith and played in his era.  If it wasn't for Ozzie, Barry would be the best all around shortstop of his era.  Cal Ripken was the first offensive minded shortstop but Barry was the second.  He never did steroids unlike A-Rod and he did a lot more that never showed up in the stat sheet.  The guy needs to get in.




Now a random thought:  I was watching TV last night and a preview for some movie came on.  I then became curious as to whether or not the guy that does the voice over just talks like that in his everyday life.  Wouldn't it get sort of creepy to be his wife?


Winner of the Day: Jay.  Jay is a sea lion in Japan who has an awesome talent.  He can write skillful Chinese characters.  The dude's a sea lion...what did you expect more?  Read Here.


Loser of the day: Limbs.  Because who needs them?  This elementary teacher has soared without any arms and is a teacher as well as a sports coach.  Read Me.


Quote of the Day: “I’m not making any plans. I’m just going to let the universe surprise me.” -Hot Tub Time Machine


Song of the Day: Boombastic by Shaggy


Toy of the Day: Weebles.  Because Weebles wobble but they won't fall down.


1 comment:

  1. Hello, i think that i saw you visited my blog so i came to “return the favor”.I am attempting to find things to improve my website!I suppose its ok to use some of your ideas!!
    Pyranha Wipe N Spray, Gallon

    ReplyDelete