Search This Blog

Thursday, September 27, 2012

My 101st Blog Celebration!, Listening, and a thank you speech

Today marks my 101st blog on this website.  I feel like I missed my moment to celebrate yesterday with my 100th blog because I was too busy writing a song.  Do people celebrate blogging milestones?  Why is 100 a big deal in everything anyway?  Fans get free tacos at basketball games if the home team scores 100. Wilt Chamberlain is the only NBA player ever to score 100 on his own (Would it have been a big deal if he only got 97?).  

Wilt Chamberlain after his 100 point game (There was no video footage of the feat)

We all get excited when Aroldis Chapman hits 100 on the radar gun.  We want the Reds to win 100 games this year, which they'd have to go 7-0 the rest of the season to make it and I don't see that happening.  We make a big deal when someone makes it to 100 years old.  What is the fascination with 100?  I don't really understand but I am victim to it as well.  I missed my opportunity.  It is a pretty astonishing feat to blog about completely nothing 100 times just to hope you make someone smile or laugh for just a second.  I blog for you guys.  I blog for my friends.  This is all for you as much as it is for me.  I know life isn't always great, and if one sentence in this makes you forget about all of your problems and smile, that's why I do it.  I of course do it for me as well.  When I rant on here, I do it because I need to vent.  You guys are my ears.  Well eyes actually because you are reading and not listening.  This world needs to learn to listen more.  A lot of people I know never listen.  They hear, but they don't listen.  I'm guilty of it as much as anybody.  If I have a thought and someone is talking I usually just talk louder and louder until I win out, but the fact of the matter is this: if you don't listen nothing can ever be solved.  You will never learn. You will never be able to compromise, and most importantly, when you are listening you will never get yourself in trouble.  Your tongue can get you in trouble a lot of the time, but your ears are your ally.  


What can we do to celebrate a 101st blog?  This isn't really my 101'st blog being that I've blogged on Myspace back in the day, where some of my most awesome, raw, work can be read.  This is just number 101 on this site.  I'm trying to think of times where 101 is significant.  Are joke books 101 jokes about whatever or is it 1001?  Gosh, I got nothing.  So I guess this will just be another blog, and no one probably even cares because the world wide web is busy celebrating Google's birthday.  Google is a teenager now at the ripe age of 14.  Blogger is a part of Google so I guess I should say, Happy Birthday big brother.  Thanks for taking all of my glory.  I will end with this.  I will attempt to remember to celebrate 200.  I've always wanted to do an Oscar-like speech so I will wing it in writing.  I want to thank my writing teachers for getting me to 101:  Mr. Mayer, Mrs. Barr, Sunny Monig, Ms. Scharber, and I know I'm leaving some of you out but thank you guys.  I want to thank the world for continuing to spin.  I want to thank my advising board, from Mindy to Mallory to Jill to Nicolette to April on what I should write about when I have a writer's block day.  I want to thank those of you who wrote in and participated in my relationship advice columns.  I would have far less than 101 blogs if it wasn't for you.  I want to thank my mystery commenters who made it fun to try and unravel who you are.  I want to thank a particular mystery commenter who showed me how to make the ¢ symbol.  That person never revealed themselves.  I want to thank God, for making so many ridiculous people to have commentary on. I want to thank my family for producing such a creative mind in my massive head.  And finally, I want to thank you, my fans (yes, here is where I land my huge applause if I was actually at an awards show, but why would I be at an awards show for a blog anyway? Are there such shows?  And this isn't even an award, just an accomplishment.  Well yesterday was, not so much 101, so this may qualify for some sort of lifetime achievement blog).  Without you fans, I would not see any need to write.  Do you take offense to being called fans?  I can refer to you as readers, but really all of you are my friends.  So, thank you friends for making me smile everyday.  Peace out.



Winner of the Day: Me. For making it to 101 blogs.

Loser of the Day: Me. For forgetting to write about making it to 100 blogs yesterday.

Quote of the Day: 

“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson


Song of the Day: : "Celebration" by Kool and the Gang

Instrument of the Day: Harp




No comments:

Post a Comment