Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Zebra Paradise

So I saw this parody of "Call Me Maybe" about the replacement officials in the NFL, which I have yet to blog about but I don't see a point to because we all agree so there really is no reason to keep blabbing about it.  Anyway I was inspired to write my own parody.  I unfortunately can't sing it and put it on youtube because I'm at work but you get the lyrics. First here's the video that inspired the blog...



Now here is mine, I'm no Weird Al but here it goes...

Zebra Paradise



As I walk through the valley of the shadow of the shield,
I take a look at my life, and refuse to think to yield,
Cause I've been callin' lingere games for too long,
But now I'm reffin the NFL, so hopefully those days are gone,
But I ain't never made a bad call to those who didn't deserve it,
I ain't no worse than Hoculee, I know he ain't perfect.
You will even keep watching, even with all my botching,
So you and your homies keep up your talk.
I really hate to trip but I gotta say,
We never croak, Golden caught the ball through the smoke fool.
I'm the kinda ref no little homies wanna be like,
Fans on they knees in the day saying prayers that we go away.

Been spending 3 weeks of our lives livin' in a Zebra Paradise,
Can't get a single call right, livin' in a Zebra Paradise,
Giving more challenges every night, living in a Zebra Paradise,
We see nothing, we have no sight, living in a Zebra Paradise,

Look at the situation the got me facin'
I can't live a normal life, every fan hates me,
so I gotta be down with my replacement team,
Too much fightin' on the field makes me wanna scream,
I went to referee training and filled my mind,
Got a zero on my test and a tear in my eye,
But I keep on reffining, cuz I'm a fu*king gangster,
And my homies back my calls so we ain't gonna change em', fool
Real refs ain't nothing but a heart beat away,
I'm enjoying my 15 minutes, do or die, what can I say?
I reffed the first 3 weeks, but will I be around for week 4?
The way things is going, I don't know.

Tell me why are we so blind to see,
That the ones we blew made your team 0 and 3?

Been spending 3 weeks of our lives living in a Zebra Paradise,
We are hated by players from Brees to Rice, living in a Zebra Paradise,
We piss off everyone, including our wives, living in a Zebra Paradise,
Goodell is the only reason we survive, living in a Zebra Paradise.

Power and the money, Roger's got all the power,
waiting on the lockout to end, hour after hour,
Everybody's hatin, but no one stops their watching,
NFL ratings are higher than ever, cuz they wanna see our sucking,
They say I gotta learn, but the real refs won't come teach me,
If they can't be nice and do it, how much better can I be?
I guess they can't, I guess they won't 
I guess they front, that's why I know my time will be short lived, fool

Been spending 3 weeks of our lives living in a Zebra Paradise,
What are we gonna call? That's the roll of a dice, living in a Zebra Paradise,
We aren't very good, we as blind as mice, living in a Zebra Paradise,
We make the most religious fan scream Jesus Christ, living in a Zebra Paradise.

Tell me why are we so blind to see,
That the ones we hurt include Tom Brady,
Tell me why are we so blind to see,
Fu*k it you're right we are too blind to see.




No comments:

Post a Comment