Search This Blog

Friday, December 2, 2011

Relationship Advice Column Edition 8: Crushes, Top 5 Celeb Crushes, and What is love from another POV

It's relationship advice day, and today I want to talk about crushes.  You probably had your first crush in elementary school.  You didn't really know the feeling, but back then while you were acting like you hated the opposite sex to be cool, you'd secretly be into someone.  I remember back in 1st grade I was all googly about this girl named Brittany.  I don't know anything about her now, but she was like the one girl that gave me feelings inside back then.  She moved early on in our elementary years, and I remember being heartbroken.  Brittany was my first crush, but before I even knew what a crush was.  My point is these things start out before you even realize it.  


Urban Dictionary defines crush as "a burning desire to be with someone who you find very attractive and extremely special."  Basically something about this person gives you feelings inside.  Maybe it's because of pure physical appearance but in my opinion crushes go deeper.  Just because you think someone is hot is not enough for a crush in my opinion.  It's someone who mesmerizes you with anything they say.  It's someone who makes you laugh and has an amazing personality.  It sounds creepy but a crush is someone you think about even when you're not with them, and they have no idea you feel that way.  Everyone's had a crush in their life.  For the nerdy girl, it's the quarterback.  We've seen it in the movies 100 times.  The guy doesn't even notice her behind her huge glasses and greasy hair.  She stays hypnotized with everything he does.  She doesn't even tell her girlfriends (if she has any) about the crush because it embarrasses her.  For the jock, it's always the quiet one's.  Yeah they can get cheerleaders all they want but they always want what they can't have and the goth kid in band doesn't give him the light of day, which brings me to my next point, why keep quiet about your crush?   Crushes drive you crazy.  Most people don't act on their crushes for some reason.  Maybe it's because they are shy or maybe it's because they fear rejection. I'm of the opinion if you let someone know your feelings towards someone that most likely they'll be flattered.  Sure there are leagues, and anyone who denies it is naive, and a lot of the times nothing will ever come of you telling a crush the way you feel about them.  That shouldn't stop you from telling a crush how you feel.  Slobbering over your notebook for days, wondering if the person even knows who you are is getting you nowhere, you know.  The worst thing that will happen is rejection.  That's the worst thing.  If that happens, you can always try again later.  I believe you can win someone over in time, but more importantly rejection lets you know to move on.  Try someone else. Crushes are sometimes innocent though, because once you fully get to know someone if you do end up dating your crush, it rarely turns out being what you had things looking like in your thoughts.  


From the time you have that first crush, to drooling over who won't give you the light of day in high school, to the girl/guy in college who sits next to who you want so badly to break the ice with but feel intimidated, to the person at your job who you aren't allowed to date so it has to stay a crush, to the next door neighbor you talk to everyday.  Crushes are everywhere, but they will just stay crushes until you are willing to do something about it.  Be that first kid in grade school who admits to liking girls, or be that girl who finally gets the courage to talk to the quarterback.  Tell a one liner to get the lady sitting next to you to laugh.  Crushes can be more if you just try.


Top 5 Celebrity Crushes

5a.  Ginnifer Goodwin- She won me over with her sweet performance as Gigi in He's Just not That Into You.  She's cute, witty, charming, and funny.  She's ditsy but very cute.

5b. Alex Morgan.  I'm into athletes and she can ball.  Hit a big goal against Japan in the women's World Cup and looked good doing it too!

4. Danielle from Big Brother.  She's got an attitude and that seems to be my type.  I like to have your back when no one else does.  She's my bad girl crush. Sorry Miley Cyrus and Lindsay Lohan.

3. Hayley Williams.  She's the lead singer of Paramore.  I've always had a thing for girls in rock bands and she won me over watching an acoustic performance of Misery Business on YouTube.  She had this gross reddish faded hair but I still thought she was gorgeous which says a lot because hair's the first thing I notice on a girl.

2. Zooey Deschanel.  Elf.  Sweet, innocent, funny, and she has pipes.  She's awkward and really sweet in interviews and I'm attracted to awkward rather than mainstream.  I get her sense of humor and she makes me smile.

1. Mila Kunis.  She's different.  Her beauty is unexplainable to the norm. Sexy, cute, beautiful at the same time.  She has a different voice and very funny.  She just gets it.  The total package.

I'm still looking for a lady with qualities from all of my crushes so it's why I am still single I guess. What would your celebrity crushes be?  Leave as a comment.  You can be anonymous although that irritates me when I have no clue who you are. 

Winner of the Day: Orange Crush.  The best orange soda there is.

Loser of the Day: Brett Butler.  The former Grace Under Fire Star is now homeless after being on a successful 90's sitcom...she abused drugs and the show was cancelled because she asked to leave the set to get drugs.  She's homeless now. Link

Quote of the Day: (From a friend, written when they were in high school about a friend)

I Love You and Always
What is love?  It is a kind of sharing that holds two hearts together in loyalty and caring; it is an understanding that one finds only too seldom--a meeting of the minds. It is a gift of God, a blessing from above that fills the Earth with fragrance--this is love.  It's only once in a lifetime you find someone special and dear who makes your world a brighter place just by being near someone who finds the rainbow when the skies above look grey and who adds a touch of magic to an ordinary day.
You're my special someone and you always will be too.  For there's no one else in all the world as wonderful as you.
With all my love,
Anonymous

Song of the Day: Crush by Mandy Moore

Fictional Character of the Day: Cupid- (from Wikipedia, the source you aren't supposed to use but everyone uses anyway and is usually accurate)

In Roman mythologyCupid (Latin cupido, meaning "desire") is the god of desire, affection and eroticlove. He is the son of the goddess Venus and the god Mars. His Greek counterpart is Eros. He is also known in Latin as Amor ("Love"); the Amores (plural) are the equivalent of the Greek Erotes.
In popular culture, Cupid is frequently shown shooting his bow to inspire romantic love, often as an icon of Valentine's Day. He is now in the current culture the personification of love and courtship in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment