Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Today is the most popular birthday, Top 5 Bands, Hank Williams Jr., & Mommy Tummy

Today is the most popular birthday according to Yahoo! They say it is because of New Years Eve being around 9 months from today's date.  I only have two birthdays on my facebook wall when on some days I have up to 6 or 7 so it must not be too popular.  One of the birthdays however is Amanda Blanton; the wife of the almighty Derek Blanton.  Derek was a few years older than us in high school and had failed Physical Science (a required to graduate freshman class) several times and as a senior was in this class with all of us freshman.  We gave him a few nicknames, Moses and He Who Is Older Than Us.  He would sleep most days but when he spoke the rest of the class was in awe.  The dude had the coolest sideburns.  He was intimidating to us youngsters but boy was he wise.  Moses parted the Red Sea and then failed a couple science classes in Bellevue.  He was such a legend.  He would demand I do my famous dance, the Phathead Shuffle and I would do it on point.  He is the only one who had the ability to do that.  Kate Winslet, Jesse Eisenberg, and Grant Hill are the most famous people with October 5 as a birthday.  I don't know why I'm writing about this.  It is super boring.  

Derek (Center)


Let me bring up Hank Williams Jr.  He was fired from Monday Night Football after 27 years for comparing Obama to Adolph Hitler in an interview with Fox News.  Hank is an out there kind of guy he's said crazy things for years, and to fire him over something where he was just joking around is ludicrous.  ESPN is not full of saints.  Michael Irvin didn't get fired a few years ago after a crack pipe was found in his car for God's sake.  Now ESPN has the right to hire or fire whoever they want, but Hank is a legend and there had to be some way to work things out.  That is not the first I've heard of Barack Obama being compared to Hitler so is he not allowed to have an opinion?


Top 5 favorite Rock Bands

5. Creedence Clearwater Revival.  
John Fogerty was once sued for sounding too much like himself when he began his solo career but every song he made was golden.  They had a fascination with rain though.  Kind of weird.

4. Heart.
Yes, if you know me you know I am a sucker for girl bands and Heart is the best of them.  I have seen them live at a Journey concert and they stole the show.  Hits such as Crazy on You, Barracuda, These Dreams, and Alone makes Heart immortal and my 4th favorite band.

3. Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band.
They've got it all, a bearded front man, slow songs, and a timeless classic "Old Time Rock and Roll."  They keep rolling with hits like Night Moves, Turn the Page, and Like a Rock.  Seger's voice tells a story in every song he sings.  It sounds like he means what he says in the song.

2. Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers.
So he's a pothead.  His voice is squeaky.  He looks like a deadbeat on the corner selling drugs.  With all of that he (and the Heartbreakers) still has an amazing career with hits like Don't Do Me Like That, The Waiting, and Mary Jane's Last Dance.

1. Journey.
I know it's cheesey.  But put a Journey record on and you assured yourself a good time.  Steve Perry has the epic voice an over the top band needs and "Don't Stop Believing" is a classic. I have seen them live minus Steve Perry.  It was okay.  My cousin refers to them with the Asian lead as Journeyokie. 

Winner of the Day: The Yankees.  Apparently they won.  Gosh I haven't been paying attention at all to the MLB playoffs.  I forgot they were even playing until last night. It's definitely football season.


Loser of the Day: This teenage couple for murdering and dismembering a 50 something year old man just to sell his jewelry.  What is the world coming to? The Story.

Quote of the Day: "Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it."- Confucius

Song Of The Day: I Can't Make You Love Me by Bonnie Raitt

Invention of the day: Mommy Tummy.  Some dudes in Japan refused to give up seats on a train to pregnant women so he created this weird thing that simulates kicks and all that.... Read Here. 

2 comments:

  1. HANK JR for President!!!!!! And loved the mommy tummy thing. My tummy looks like I am going to be a mommy. Kicks like one after some Taco Bell too!!!!! "2"

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2----I just want to know one thing. male or female?

    ReplyDelete