Search This Blog

Monday, October 3, 2011

Saving Dogs, Ruining Weddings, and Bengals Winning

So today I am going to write about my weekend because what an adventurous one it was.  It started out right after work, traveling with Mindy down near Louisville to save Bronze.  We were a transport to get him to a foster home.  It was a fun experience.  It felt like we were abolitionists in the Underground Railroad.  We saved a life and although I am not a hardcore animal rights guy, it felt good.  On the way back, we saw literally the most beautiful rainbow I have ever seen.  The colors were bright and very beautiful.  I would have taken a picture but my phone has been broken and they sent me a replacement and that hasn't been working.  It keeps going into roaming.  What the hell?  I never have service.  Isn't that what Verizon is known for?  Well anyway, afterwords thanks to my girl Laura I was given a giant pack of Frisch's Chili.  We also partied a little bit at the "fire pit."  I went a little too fast; I can't report much on the night, but it was a fun time.  I mean who doesn't have a fun time around me?  On Saturday, I had a wedding.  I was the king of the dance floor literally.  Before that, however, Stu and I stole the show at the actual wedding. We were ushers.  Oh yeah congrats Rob and Tara on getting married.  Well anyway, about 15 minutes before the service was to start, we were asked to pull the runner down for just the bride.  Neither Stu or I knew how to use this said device.  Well anyway when it was our time to do this, we went up to the front, everyone watching us, and we couldn't figure out how to roll it.  Stu and I both tried numerous ways to do it and it kept getting caught on the rope and people were laughing all over the church.  We kind of felt like court jesters before the Queen entered.  When we finally had it rolling, a round of applause erupted in the church.  I nodded my head to the crowd.  Then about 3/4 of the way through, it locked up again but we finally finished.  Then I needed to relieve a lot of stress, so I went out on the dance floor and didn't come off.  The next day I watched the Bengals win on a last second field goal, and then played some football.  I started getting sick which I still am today.  That's the short of my weekend.  Oh yeah I caught the garter at the wedding too so watch out ladies.


Winner of the Day: Gotta give it to the Bengals for coming back from a 17-3 deficit to win the game.




Loser of the Day: This guy for killing his father.  Reminds me of how sad of a story Marvin Gaye's father killing him was. The Story


Quote of the day: It's hard to wait around for something that you know might never happen ,but it's even harder to give up, when you know it's everything you want. - Unknown 


Song of the Day: Tracks of my Tears by Smokey Robinson & the Miracles


Douche of the Day: Jeremy Piven (I may have spelled his name wrong but he's too much of a douche to care.

4 comments:

  1. I want my time I just wasted reading what ya did this weekend. But what kinda dog was it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Listen, I've been pretty down and not feeling well. This is not my best blog they can't all be winners. I'll make up for it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete