Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Horrible News Stories, Deaths come in Threes, and a Real Life Ringer Story




The world we live in has been crazy lately.  Bieber may be a father.  I haven't kept it a secret on how I feel about that.  Michael Jackson's doctor was convicted of killing the guy.  I was on the doctor's side for a lot of this story and then I found out he was only Michael's doctor for two months. Then I was like, yeah he's probably guilty although it's not his fault for Michael being all drugged up in the first place.  I will say this, there is reasonable doubt in this case, so he should have been acquitted.  I don't know how people can send people to prison when there is reasonable doubt.  It makes no sense to me.  What if you are sending an innocent person to jail?

 Anyway, the Penn State news is getting worse and worse.  The whole cover up is pathetic and it is the worst story I can remember about anything related to sports, except for maybe the Olympics where hostages were taken, and you can still argue this is worse because of people knowing this went on and innocent children were overlooked to protect a pedifile.  Joe Paterno's hands are dirty.  Sixty years of work and an amazing career is going to be tarnished.  These guys for covering it up are just as wrong as Sandusky.  This is the lowest scum of the earth.  It's hard to even hear the details.  They are so disturbing.  Everyone from the president on down is responsible and should be punished accordingly.  I have no more respect for that University.  They make Ohio State, USC, and Miami look like clean programs.  It's so pathetic to prey on kids and then to cover it up and let it go on for over 10 years when it could've been taken care of in 1999?  I can't believe it.  

Now an awkward transition.  We lost three awesome celebrities: Andy Rooney, Joe Frazier, and Heavy D.  Deaths come in threes.  Someone old (Rooney), someone sick (Joe Frazier, liver cancer), and someone sudden (Heavy D).  All three were part of my life.  I spoke of Smokin' Joe yesterday.  Andy rants about random stuff like I do all the time in these blogs.  He's kind of an inspiration.  My favorite quote of his is this: "I try to look nice. I comb my hair, I tie my tie, I put on a jacket, but I draw the line when it comes to trimming my eyebrows. You work with what you got." Is this not true?  Just play the cards you are dealt.  Anyway, about Heavy D.  I loved that guy.  I loved his flow and his look and listening to his songs brings me back.  It's a shame to see him gone.  




Heavy D







Joe Frazier










Andy Rooney







Winner of the Day: Apparently there is a possibility that ancient civilizations from 5,000 years ago had fast food windows, which is awesome.  They are unsure if that is a fact but if it is, I love it. Read it.

Loser of the Day: The 2000 Spanish paralympic team. Why? Read this from the amazing fact generator. It's like The Ringer in real life, only no Jimmy.
Perhaps one of the lowest moments in sports history was perpetrated by the members of the 2000 Spanish Paralympic basketball team. After the team snagged a gold medal, it was revealed that 10 of the 12 players had never been tested for disabilities and were, in fact, not handicapped.

Quote of the Day: 
It was all a dream, I used to read Word Up magazine. Salt'n'Pepa and Heavy D up in the limousine. Hangin' pictures on my wall. Every Saturday Rap Attack, Mr. Magic, Marley Marl, I let my tape rock 'til my tape popped.-Notorious B.I.G.
(I'm sure Heavy D and Biggie are talking about this now up in Thugz Mansion)

Song of the Day: Now that we Found Love by Heavy D and the Boyz Ft. Aaron Hill
Animal of the Day: The Yak.

1 comment:

  1. I love the ringer. I love Johnny Knoxville more. Damn, I guess that gives away my gender. I could be gay. The picture of that yak is cute. I wish woolly mammoths were still around, from their depiction they're adorable. For the longest time I thought they still existed because of snufalupogus on sesame street. That logic made no sense considering there was also a green fuzzy asshole who lived in a garbage can, I never questioned his existence. Good day.

    ReplyDelete