Search This Blog

Monday, November 28, 2011

Vinyl Records, Speed Limits, Tim Tebow, and clowns getting arrested

Good morning to all of your smiling faces today.  I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and Black Friday.  Mine went very well except for getting lost in Lexington.  I was however able to watch the Kentucky football team beat Tennessee for the first time in my lifetime, which for those of you counting is 26 years.  I love driving to Lexington, especially after you get past the congestion of Florence.  The speed limit is 70 almost the whole way down and it's a straight shot.  I understand that we live near a large city and it would be hard to add an extra 5 miles an hour, but it truly does make traffic flow much better.  Did any of you all go Black Friday shopping?  I did a little, but I'm not the type to camp out and wait for some free crappy camera if you're one of the first 15 people in the store.  I'd rather sleep and get what I want and get out.  I went to K-Mart of all places. I finally bought what those of you close to me know I've been wanting for a while: a vinyl record player.  I bought the bad boy on sale for $80.00 which is a good deal for a 3 speed turntable, cd player, and mp3 player all in one. I also like the old school look to the thing.
I can't believe how cheap records are either.  I got some from Half Price Books and others from Phil's Records.  The most I paid is $5.00 and that was for an unopened G-Unit album.  


Can you believe that Tim Tebow won again this Sunday?  I truly don't get it.    Boomer Esiason said that it is basically Peyton Hillis playing quarterback and I can't disagree.  The guy looks like a righty throwing left handed passes all day.  I can't explain how he wins games in the NFL.  He clearly is the worst passer in the league.  Third stringers are better than him.  The guy keeps winning though and it amazes me.  Some things are just explainable.  It is true that he gets way more chances than black quarterbacks with run-first mentalities.  Look at Vince Young.  He is very similar in style to Tebow with a better arm.  He got forced out of Tennessee.  He just doesn't praise God in all of his interviews.  I hate the black card, but in this situation I have to say Tebow is getting more chances than black counterparts. 
 
Winner of the Day: Cesar Sanchez.  He was wanted for battery charges, and for some unexplained reason he was dressed as a clown during his arrest.  He wins for this mugshot! (The Story)


Loser of the Day: Michael Omeara.  He apparently beat up his aunt and stole her car.  He was caught, however because he did it in front of a bunch of witnesses.  The Story.


Quote of the Day: "To forget easily is a gift. Let go of your past mistakes. Make a fresh start." -A Moment to Remember (2004)


Song of the Day: My Old Kentucky Home by Stephen Foster


Gay looking photo of the Day: Coach K and Bobby Knight.

1 comment: