Search This Blog

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Is There A God?, Justin Bieber is apparently a dad, Tubby Smith, and Ochocinco

I write today with glazed eyes and glazed doughnuts.  I'm tired because I went and enjoyed UK's first exhibition game of the season.  Thanks to Mr. Chad Mangan for the free ticket.  They looked terrible in the first half and ran away with it in the second.  Kidd-Gilchrist was the best player on the court last night on a team that includes Terrence Jones, Doron Lamb, and Anthony Davis.  This blog isn't about that though although I want to spend some time talking about Tubby Smith haters.  But first I must mention that glazed doughnuts are great but I hate getting my hands all messy eating them.  I had to take a break from typing to actually eat the doughnuts.  I was dipping them in my tea, and some say Heaven doesn't exist, but I think I just tasted a piece of Heaven eating that doughnut dipped in tea.
                           


And I'm not the most religious person in the world but there has to be some higher power out there.  I believe in science and I don't believe humans walked with dinosaurs like the Creation Museum apparently tells us.  I believe in a higher power because what started everything?  Okay, maybe there was a big bang, but how did it start?  What created us too?  I had a science professor once say that everything is a theory until proven right or wrong.  He also said you can't prove there is a God but you can't prove there isn't either.  I can't prove it by any means, but some things I just can't explain.  


My sister Laura had tumors in her brain when she was 2.  Doctors gave her less than a 1% chance to survive.  She had to go into  the doctor to get a CT scan to see if the tumors had spread.  They let my parents take her home for Christmas.  On Christmas Eve, we attended St. Anthony for their famous Christmas pageant which years later I would go on to star in with my two sisters (foreshadowing that she lives).  Anyway, after the mass Laura asked my mother if she could go talk to baby Jesus.  It wasn't the real baby Jesus, of course, rather some doll wrapped in swaddling clothes made to look like him, but nonetheless my mom let her go talk to him.  Laura went up to the doll and said, "Baby Jesus, can you make me all better?"  Of course this brought tears to my mom's eyes.  Laura looked up and said, "I'm all better now." My mother I'm sure hoped that was the case but she knew that the tumors would still be there.  The CT scan happened the day after Christmas and the doctor came in to give my mom the results. "You're not going to believe this," he said, "The tumors are all gone.  We can't find a single one."  It turned out everything truly was gone, and Laura was able to live. So there you go.  Explain it. You can't.


Anyway, to Tubby Smith.  Tubby should be considered one of the good coaches in UK history.  He won one of 7 National Championships.  You all say it was done with Pitino's team, and maybe Rick recruited that team, but he didn't stick around to coach them.  It takes a lot of balls to take over a team where the fans loved their coach and made it to back to back championships.  I admire Tubby for it.  The 1998 team was the least talented team of the 1996, 1997, and 1998 teams too.  Tubby had to do it with less talent, and he beat Duke after being down 15.  If that's not coaching I don't know what is.  He went on to recruit some of my favorite players: Tayshaun Prince, Keith Bogans, Cliff Hawkins, Chuck Hayes, Erik Daniels, Rajon Rondo, Joe Crawford, Jodee Meeks, Randolph Morris, Ramel Bradley, and I could go on and on.  He played a slow style which isn't always the most exciting and better fit for Big 10 basketball but he made it work and I am grateful for his tenure with Kentucky basketball.
  
Now to Ochocinco.  There are a lot of people who dislike him too for being out there.  He says things he shouldn't say and he did stupid things on the field.  I must say without him the Bengals may still be terrible.  He made it fun to be a Bengal.  They were terrible when they drafted him back in 2002.  He brought fun back to the locker room where everyone just planned on losing 14 games a year.  He got a little crazy at the end, but he should be considered one of the top 20 Bengals of all time.


Winner of the Day: Watermelon.  A study from UK says that Watermelon is good for your heart and weight.  I hope this includes watermelon flavored Air Heads because I've been tearing those up lately.  The Whole Read.


Loser of the Day: Justin Bieber.  This chick, according to star magazine, who is 20 years old claims to have had sex backstage with Justin and wants support for her son.  The woman seeks a paternity test.  I hope this is true.  It would be hilarious.  What the hell does Selena Gomez think of this? Read the story which asks if Maury Povich is available.


Quote of the Day: "Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough."-Oprah Winfrey


Song of the Day: You by Lucy Pearl ft. Q-Tip and Snoop Dogg


Tattoo of the Day: Isn't that the brain from TMNT?

2 comments:

  1. THANK YOU for complimenting Ocho, he's still probably my favorite player even though I don't support his team. He did alot for Cincinnati and the fans. How soon we forget. Also... that tattoo is sweeeeet. I love funny tattoos, says a lot about a person. Good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to sit here a minute and get my composure over what you wrote about your sister. If I had hair it would be standing on end!! Tuesday I attend a funeral service for my cousins husband. He was 58 and battled cancer for years. In the last 4 days of his life he made comments about things he saw. The preacher that did the service was so shook up over these comments. Why? Because my cousin wasn't a Bible thumper and had very word memorized. He was just a decent man that loved our Lord and lived a good life. But the things he saw, the preacher found referenced in the Bible. You could feel the grace of God in the air during that service because my cousin saw Heaven in the last days of his time on earth. What happened to your sister is truely a miracle. But it does not surprise me that her prayers were answered.

    ReplyDelete