Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Pickup Sports, John Mayer's a douche, Loyalty (again), and allergies

Good morning world.  Well not the whole world just those of you who read my blog, which are the only people who matter to me in this world anyway.  Hope everyone enjoyed their extended weekend and had a happy Labor Day.  All Labor Day means to me is that we are only one week away from football season.  Yeah, the Bengals are not the greatest but I root for them anyway.  I couldn't see myself rooting for anyone but my hometown team.  Even if they fail to win in my lifetime, I will stand behind them until the day I die.  I'm used to losing teams.  None of my favorite teams have won anything meaningful since 1998 when the University of Kentucky won the NCAA Men's Basketball Championship.  Losing with a team you've supported over the years is better than switching to a bandwagon every other year.  It makes no sense.  Why change teams?  Is there no loyalty anymore?  Why not root for your hometown team?  






Speaking of rooting for the underdogs, let me say this to those of you who never get picked at your local pickup games: create your own team.  There's always a guy at the court/field that wants a super team and they win everything.  This guy may be the most talented person there, but they want the second and third most talented people too.  Then they try their best to run up the score and brag about it like they accomplish something.  Dude, you are supposed to win; if you didn't that would be the problem.  So make your own team, and challenge this super team.  I've done this several times and have been very competitive with the super team.  I will reference the Blackout in the alumni tournament.  I made a team of guys no one else wanted, and we won two games in the tournament.  I would rather lose with people who I know will have my back than win with someone who would sell me out the next day for someone better.






On a lighter note, I love living in the Cincinnati area and all, but my body hates the random weather changes.  It always freaking changes from 90 degrees to 60 degrees to 10 degrees to 85 degrees, and it messes up my allergies and sinuses.  My eyes are all watery today and my nose wont quit running.  Literally two days ago it was scorching hot out, and today you almost need a jacket.  What is the point God is making here?  First of all why give allergies/sinuses in the first place and if you give them what is the point of changing the weather?  Just to toy with us?  Come on now!




Winner of the day: Kevin Adams + other nerds in the Cincinnati area. Why you may ask?  Because a record 18 aced their ACT which is thought to be the most ever for this area. Here's the story.
























Loser of the Day: The Maryland Terrapins football team. For these uniforms they debuted last night.














Quote of the Day: "You've got to look at the guy next to you, look into his eyes. Now I think ya going to see a guy who will go that inch with you. Your gonna see a guy who will sacrifice himself for this team, because he knows when it comes down to it your gonna do the same for him. That's a team, gentlemen, and either, we heal, now, as a team, or we will die as individuals. That's football guys, that's all it is. Now, what are you gonna do? "-Tony D'Amato (Al Pacino) Any Given Sunday


Comment of the Day: Brent Merman. For this status.













Song of the Day: Colder Weather/Sweet Baby James by The Zac Brown Band and James Taylor


















Douche of the Day: John Mayer, because why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment