Search This Blog

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Marijuana and the Bengals, Nick Cage a vampire, and top 5 rap songs

Okay I will start with this... I am calling out a fan.  Please ID yourself.  I agree with all of your points and we have similar personalities, yet I can not figure out who you are.  I'm fairly certain of most who comment on here. Please anonymous, come forward.  You posted the following:



Anonymous said...

Defiantly one of the best blogs yet. I don;t know if you knew or not but greg geraldo is dead and was unable to make this roast. But on the topic I think the white girl that nobody knows ended her career with the Ryan Dunn joke, not that I am a huge fan but you dont joke about peoples dead friends. And am I the only one to realize that Twilight ripped off Tuck Everlasting??? 


Now back to the business at hand.  I had to watch the premier of Simon Cowell's new show the X Factor last night.  Yes it is a complete ripoff of American Idol...but watching these people perform, and seeing the ones that tear up when they put there all into a song made me think of something... what brings out the best in you?  What inspires you to have an out of body experience?  Is it to support your family?  Is it to prove doubters wrong?  Is it to see the look in the eye of a significant other?  Is it to prove you are the best?  When you have that one shot, you have to make it count.  


So More Bengals are in trouble.  This is starting to get old.  Jerome Simpson and Anthony Collins were at a house that had nearly six pounds of marijuana inside.  No charges have been filed as of yet, however investigators are looking further into it.


Speaking of marijuana, don't get the wrong idea.  I've never smoked it in my life nor will I ever do it but why shouldn't we just go ahead and legalize it.  The country's in shambles right now with the stock market, the national debt and the political craziness.  Let's tax the darn drug and sell it in stores.  It is less addictive than cigarettes, it has been known to help numb pain, less people would be in jail (for possession), and you can tax it and make tons of money for the government like I said earlier.  Now the major effect is that it is known as a gateway drug, but if it is legalized, would it still be a gateway to harder drugs?  I don't think so because it wouldn't be at these hardcore parties as much.  The final point is people will always do it whether it is legal or not.  When the government took away alcohol, people still got it.  Just legalize the drug.  As I say that it is not my personal preference to be around people to smoke it but as this is a free country they should at least have a choice to. Bam.


So is it right to give someone a gift if it is just for your benefit?  I used to do this all the time with my sisters when I was little.  My mom would be like what do you want to get them for Chrismas?  I'd be like I think they'd like Wrestlemania 2000 for the Nintendo 64.  As I grow older my morals have changed.  A gift one gives is not even about the gift.  It is something that sparks something inside of the other person that they know you were thinking of them.  It could be a pack of Zingers because you wrote about them in the last blog, a flower because someone helped you get through your day, a ticket to the circus because they love clowns, a homemade gift that is priceless.  Just make sure it means something to them (and you).  Something you can share together.


Top 5 Favorite rap songs of All Time

5. Wanna Be A Balla by Lil Troy, I remember the first time I listened to this I was like pure gold.  I was in the zone.  Classic.  Long. Great hook. Favorite line, "20 inch blades on the Impala."


4. Nothin But A G Thang, by Dr. Dre ft. Snoop Dogg  Off of Dr. Dre's famous album, The Chronic.  This profiles two gangstas in the hood.  Favorite line, "Ain't Nuthin but a G thang, baby. Death Row is the label that pays me."


3. What If, by Fredro Starr.  These top three favorites could be interchangeable.  This song has a perfect beat, rhythm and smooth listen as Fredro gets deep into some issues and questions that are larger than life. Favorite Line from the song, "What if computers shut down for the Y2K? What if N.W.A never had Dre? What if Eminem was black? Would he have sold five mill'? or would he be 1 out of 5 million rappers with no deal?


2. Crossroads, by Bone Thugz & Harmony.  Who knew that gangstas hurt too after they lost someone.  Written after the death of N.W.A member Eazy-E, the video is amazing and the harmonies are fantastic. Favorite line from the song, "Eazy sees Uncle Charlie and I'm cool cuz God's got him and I'm gonna miss everybody."


1. Juicy, Notorious B.I.G. The song that put him on the map.  Nice sweet hook that samples Mtume's "Juicy Fruit" Favorite Line in the song, "Super Nintendo. Sega Genesis.  Ten years ago I'd never picture this.  50 inch screen money green leather sofa. Got two rides, a limousine with a chauff-a."

Winner of the day: Some kids with cancer set a world record for having the longest ribbon. Nice story.Read it.

Loser of the day: Vampires.  Yes they "sucked" (pun intended because whenever anyone ever claims they don't attend pun they do so I go ahead and admit it) in Twilight.  But Now they apparently have Nicholas Cage which sucks for them.  Terrible actor.  Anyway this dude was selling a Civil War era picture that completely resembles cage and claims the dude is a vampire who reencarnates every 75 years.Read it!

Quote of the Day: "It's like a waited my whole life for this one night, It's gon be me you and the dance floor.  Cause we only got one night. Double your pleasure. Double your fun, and dance forever."-Chris Brown


5 comments:

  1. The ONLY reason pot isn't legal is because the cannot find a way to tax a plant that basically grows wild. If they could have taxed it, it would have been legal in the '60s. BTW - it is not a 'gateway' drug. The gateway is the persons addictive personality and not being able to tell your peers to fuck off! Love your blogs. And call me "2". I'm not the anonymous you wrote about today.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay number 2. Wanna play some 20 questions so I can figure out who you are?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the best of your blogs I have read so far :)

    ReplyDelete