Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Trisha Macke, Dating Leagues, Disney Live Action, and Sisqo v Chris Brown

As I sit here, with the "Thong Song" streaming through my ears, it got me thinking.  Why did Chris Brown bleach is hair to look like Sisqo when he was going through his bad boy beat up Good Morning America and Rihanna phase?  Sisqo respects women.  He doesn't degrade them in his songs or anything.  He just raps about "you know, the finer things in life."  I don't know why bad boy Chris Brown would want to resemble him in any way.  
QUICK HITS

  • I forgot to take my umbrella on this Seattle coffee and rain day, which sucks but I didn't melt or anything.
  • Women who say leagues don't exist when dating are liars and are naive.
  • Joining a fraternity is for people who have to buy friends.
  • MMA should not be mixed in with mainstream sports.
  • Usain Bolt is the most dominate athlete in his respective sport at this moment.
  • I actually want to see a Brad Pitt movie... Moneyball.
In other news, WEBN played the wrong soundtrack for the fireworks this year for the first 12 minutes of the show.  This was the worst run show in the event's history. FOX19 blamed their terrible camera work on the soundtrack being wrong but that doesn't make an excuse for cutting fireworks in half on the screen and watching just clouds of smoke. The story!  And Trisha Macke, gosh what is her problem?  She looked like an anorexic brown bear with a fancy butch hairdo with that spray tan she was rocking for the show.  Shelia Gray was the co-host for the event and I bet Trisha hand picked her for the role so Trisha would look better than someone.  Shelia flirted with the firework guy the whole event and asked all of the good questions.  I could see Trisha's brown face turn red with fury each time Shelia would open her mouth.  It's funny that I can't stand the WEBN fireworks and I keep bringing them up.  I can't resist though; the story just keeps getting trashier and trashier.

Top 5 Favorite Disney Live Action Films

5a. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
I'm not the biggest fan of the pirates movies (no Michael Bolton), but I must say I do enjoy the first one before they got all weird.

5b. Heavyweights
Growing up I was not the skinniest kid, so watching the fat kid get revenge on the world is great + Ben Stiller plays a great villain.

4. Cool Runnings
Feel the rhythm, feel the rhyme, get on up, it's bobsled time!  Perfect mix of humor and drama in this based on a true story film about a Jamaican bobsled team coached by the legendary John Candy.

3. Angels in the Outfield
Star studded cast including Danny Glover and Tony Danza (sorry Danza fans, The Garbage Picking Field Goal Kicking Philadelphia Phenomenon did not make the list) and this movie made you believe.  Roger, the main character..."God... if there is a God... if you're a man or a woman... if you're listening, I'd really, really like a family. My dad says that will only happen if the Angels win the pennant. The baseball team, I mean. So, maybe you can help them win a little. Amen. Oh, A-woman, too."

 2. D2: The Mighty Ducks
Emilio Estevez is back to coach the American junior national team in this classic sequel.  One of the few movies where I believe the sequel is better than the original.  It had every kid going out to get a hockey stick and made hockey cool. Memorable quote from Jan, Gordon's employer... "Gordon, when I told the Goodwill committee who you were, I did not talk to them about your good looks. I didn't tell them you would win at any cost. I told them you were a man who loves the game. And I told them you were a man who could teach the kids... about more than just about winning or losing. I told them you were the Minnesota Miracle Man, and only you could teach them to fly. So be that man. Be that man, Gordon."

1. Remember the Titans
One of my favorite actors, Denzel Washington stars in one of the top 20 movies ever made.  He leads a team of blacks and whites in a non accepting city lead by Julius and Gary.  Inspiring, funny, dramatic, and two thumbs up.  What more could you ask for?   Quote from Herman Boone (Denzel)..."Tonight we've got Hayfield. Like all the other schools in this conference, they're all white. They don't have to worry about race. We do. let me tell you somthing: you don't let anyone come between us. Nothing tears us apart. In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power. Well that football field out there, that's our universe. Let's rule it like titans."

Winner of the Day: Eddie Murphy. He was named the host of the Academy Awards.  He wins today because it may make him relevant for the first time since 1989 and he follows James Franco and Anne Hathaway's terrible hosting job so there's nowhere to go but up. 
Loser of the Day: Edgar Sosa.  He had a heartbreaking broken leg in a game for the Dominican Republic.  I'm going to shed any tears though...He went to Louisville.


Quote of the Day: "A true friend sees the good in everything, and brings out the best in the worst of things." -Sasha Azevedo

Comment of the Day: From Stuart Watton.
Song of the Day: The Thong Song by Sisqo

No comments:

Post a Comment